Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Good Reading All Around


Moments ago I was wondering what to write about. Numerous topics floated in and out of my brain before I rejected them. I was begining to panic, in desperation I turned to the net. I was beginning to feel paranoid about the direction of my blog when I stumbled upon something that I felt I could write about. Chuck Klosterman. Chuck Klosterman is the author of Fargo Rock City, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa-Puffs and Killing Yourself to Live. I have read the last two and just purchase Fargo Rock City, his first book. He is a rock journalist with small town newspaper experience. I happened upon Klosterman's second Book, Sex, Drugs and Cocoa-Puffs after reading a blurb in Time-Out Chicago. The blurb was a on the spot interview with a girl in downtown Chicago. A five questions, on the go type thing that I think they do in every issue. After reading that Oldboy was the best movie she had seen recently , I decided this girl had good taste. At the time I just saw Oldboy and wished Time-Out Chicago interviewed me so I could have recommended it. As it turns out the next question was about the last book she had read and it was Chuck Klosterman's Sex, Drugs and Cocoa-Puffs. I was in love and I had to get the book. Anyway, I went to borders and bought it. It was great. It was just a collection of essays but I related to the author and his experiences. Anyway, a few days ago I finished his most recent novel and purchased his first. He is my new favorite author. Back to the blog. So im on the internet and I find a interview with Chuck. I read it and it mentions how he was trashed by a reviewer. I think nothing of it and read on. I finish the article and decide to go to another link, and by accident the link is to the article that is mentioned in the interview. The one that trashed him. A paragraph in to it and I think Chuck is the super cool because this review is hateful and Chuck takes it quite well. It is comical how much the review slams Klosterman and its long, real long. Anyway, if your familiar with Chuck Klosterman you'll get a kick out of the interview. If not you can read the hateful review and be amazed at the hate. Good reading all around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude my friends and i just drove 2 hours home from my friends cabin and we listened to lovage for a good 50% of that time. miss ya!

7:56 PM  
Blogger M.J.G. said...

Yea, lovage is great. If you really like the beats there is a instrumental version too.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home